Saturday, July 18, 2009

Galibore haul

Since I'm only at number seven, I have a lot of low hanging fruits that I can target. Here are birds I photographed on my trip to Galibore.

8. I caught this Indian Robin female at the entrance of its nest. There were two nestlings inside the nest too!


...and here's the male (photo taken in Galibore on a different trip)



9. Red-Whiskered Bulbul (Pycnonotus jocusus): This was a ridiculously easy catch. He landed right in front of me and posed for this snap.


10. Green Bee-eater (Merops orientalis orientalis)
(Replaced by a photo taken in Galibore much later)



11. According to the rules that I laid out for myself, it is not permissible to register a count if the photo that I post is out of focus. But I'm making an exception for this one. I have no remote clue about this particular bird. I hope I haven't discovered a new species; that would be too onerous for an amateur. (update - 13-Aug-09: This turned out to be the Pied Bushchat)

update - Mar-25-2010
Pied Bushchat (Saxicola caprata)
PiedBushchat

No comments:

Post a Comment