Saturday, September 26, 2009

GKVK

The Gandhi Krishi Vignana Kendra campus of the University of Agricultural Sciences is a real heaven for bird-watching. I got all of the following in less than an hour. It was overcast when I reached there and the sun was setting. As a result, these snaps aren't so great. But I promised myself to go there again, preferably in the morning, very soon.

32. Shikra (Accipter badius)
This one just refused to come out of the dark foliage. She perched on this distant branch just long enough for me to click this snap.



33. Oriental Magpie Robin (Copsychus saularis)
This is a common resident and rather bold too. I am confident I'll replace this with a better snap.
Update on 4-May-2012: Replaced with a pic taken in Galibore.
MagpieRobin



34. Rufous Treepie (Dendrocitta vagabunda)
This raucus pair was silhouetted against the evening light. I wasn't quick enough to change the settings of the camera to get a better shot.

(Replaced by a pic taken in Bharatpur)


The next two are very common birds and really deserve better photographs, but I'm feeling desperate to move my numbers a little.
35. Male Asian Koel (Eudynamys scolopacea)


36. Male Rose-ringed Parakeet (Psittacula krameri)

No comments:

Post a Comment